Sunday, March 15, 2009

Our Garden

We have started a garden last weekend and I have decided to take pictures every week to track its progress, so I'll probably have pictures on here every now and again. The first couple are the day after we planted them and so all you will see are the strawberries and rhubarb because we bought those as plants. We had these square foot gardens already in place when we bought the house and with the help of a friend here we got started.

Here are the pictures that we have taken a week later. We have three different types of lettuce coming up, our bush beans, and our melon. Our strawberry is also getting redder and bigger! Ok, so you kind of have to look close, but they are really there.



These are pictures of our orange and lemon trees as well which are budding all over the place and I'm sure will be beautiful soon.

4 comments:

Liz and Kevin said...

Awesome start on your garden. So I love the fact that you are planting rhubarb. It's tasty. I like the rhubarb pie and Kev makes fun of me. He calls it celery pie.

erin said...

yeah for gardening! i can't wait to get our started soon! i have a list of things that i want to try and grow - too bad our yard is not as big as i want it to be, oh the fun i could have with watermelon, strawberries, etc... i wish we could have citrus fruit trees as well. oh well! have fun!

Astorga Crew said...

awesome job! We want to add more to our garden. I love how you have so many in your backyard. Looks great!

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

Your garden is very impressive. It is fun to catch up on your blog. Brittany, I am amazed by the cake you made for Savannah's birthday. Seriously you must teach me, I think Ellie would love a cake like that next year. Miss you guys!